Opposite of the Coal storage bunker was Adolf Hitler’s greenhouse. Hitler was a vegetarian, so it was obvious there was need of fresh vegetables near the Berghoff. Martin Bormann therefore ordered to build a Greenhouse, or “Gewächshaus” in German, between hotel zum Türken and his own house. It was a glass house with a small building on one end, which was used for growing mushrooms.
In 1945 the Greenhouse took a direct hit in a bombardment, it’s remains are completely removed except its foundations.
This concrete wall, the foundation of the greenhouse, is now a barrier between a hotel and its car park. Just below this car park is a road that leads right by the Hotel zum Türken towards the Berghoff. Here is the only remaining evidence left of the Bormann’s residence. An escape door from a tunnel that used to lead to the Bormann house can be found here.