On this location near the Petit Ouvrage Col de Restefond remains a deposit of armorings delivered by metallurgical firms in the 1930s for the further construction of Blocks 2, 5 and 7 of Grand Ouvrage de Restefond.
On the outbreak of World War Two and the Invasion of France by Italy during the First Battle of the Alps in June 1940, the construction of some of the works of the Alpine extension of the Maginot Line was far from finished. For this reason you can still find many remnants like building materials or installations for the construction of these works in the Restefond valley and along the Route de la Bonette.
The concrete foundations seen in the pictures are remnants of the storage facilities that stood here during construction in the 1930s. They can be seen on various pictures made of the construction sites on the Col de Restefond. It is unclear of they were torn down in the wake of the Italian invasion or after the Franco-Italian Armistice.
The deposit counts two heavy cloches and their bases.
Embrasure for 75mm Howitzer
This is an embrasure for the 75mm Howitzer 32 that was probably meant for Block 5 of Grand Ouvrage Restefond. Block 5 would have been almost similar to the existing Block 6 of the same work.
The deposit counts two FM machine gun embrasures and one JM embrasure.
An embrasure and stands for the 81mm mortar of Block 2.
This deposit can be found lying in the landscape along the Col de Restefond. Another deposit of armorings can be found at the remaining stable buildings of Caserne de Restefond along the same route.