Oddesund is a small strait in the Limfjord. In 1938 the Oddesund bridge was completed which connected the town of Thyholm to the mainland. The bridge is one of only 4 connections over the Limfjord and therefore important for the German to control. From the start six Flak guns were place on wooden towers to give them the best view possible, wooden barracks were build next to them.
In later years the Luftwaffe constructed two concrete Regelbau L409A and one L410A command unit with three flak 20 mm guns, a search light and ammunition bunker. The Wehrmacht took care of anti-tank bunkers nearby. Together they defended the bridge with anti-aircraft guns, anti-tank gun, machine guns and defensive lines of barbed wires and ditches. This defensive position was named Stützpunkt Oddesund Nord, obviously for it was on the north side of the bridge.
On this north side of the Oddesund strait there is a visitors tower with information on the bridge and the Stützpunkt Oddesund, more information is to be found in one of the bunkers and some bunkers are used for artistic expression. The visitors tower gives a great view on the Stützpunkt at the north side.
Regelbau L410A 2cm flak bunker was fitted with a 2 cm Flakvierling 38 anti-aircraft gun, it seems to be the only one in the whole Stützpunktgruppe which had this quadruple barreled gun. Today there is a sign on the outside mentioned it as a R411, which is a searchlight bunker with a Tobruk found near the entrance of the Stützpunkt.
The bunkers on the north side are open, free entry during daytime visit. On the northside across the road the bunker is left abandoned and filled with water. The visitors tower has an elevator. The
On the south side of the bridge there are more defending bunkers to be seen at Stützpunkt Oddesund Süd (South). Both strongpoints, Stützpunkt Oddesund Nord and Stützpunkt Oddesund Süd are part of Stützpunktgruppe Oddesund.