The original Schneider 105 mle 1913 was an cooperate product of French / Russian design. At first the Schneider gun was created for the 107 mm Russian shells and later modified to the 105 mm French standard. The French army was only interested in 75 mm guns until World War One ended in a stalemate, the trench warfare on the western front. The 105 mm Schneider guns were more effective on fortified positions and had a range of 12000 meters. After World War One the French sold the Scheider canons 105 mle to other countries.
The Italians renamed the guns to Cannone da 105/28 modello 1913 and remained in service until 1943. When captured the Germans used these guns in casemates on the Atlantic Wall. As mentioned before, the Cannone da 105/28 had an maximum firing range of 12 kilometers, Italy had 956 of these guns in their army.