This French Anti-aircraft gun is based on older Schneider guns from the late 1800s. These gun were outdated around the 1920s and were upgraded with a new barrel for a higher muzzle velocity, higher rate of fire and vertical range. There was a range of guns from Anti-aircraft to Anti-tank. The latter was outfitted with a 6x scope. Unfortunatly at the outbreak of the Second World War there were no armor piercing shells available for these guns. Around 190 upgraded guns were in use in 1940. Some fell into German hands who used them throughout the Second World War on all fronts. The were used as static defense positions in the Atlantic Wall as well. The German designated these guns as: 7.5 cm Flak M.36(f)
The French 75 mm guns had an effective range of 8.2 kilometers and a rate of fire from 20 to 30 shots a minute depending on the crew.