Panzerkampfwagen V – Ausf. D – Sd.Kfz 171 – Panther. The Ausf. D or Mark D lacked a machine gun in its hull as can be seen on the photos. It only had one MG in the turret. Later types had two machineguns, one in the hull and one in the turret. Ausf. D was the first to enter service, the second version, confusingly, was named Ausf. A or Mark A. So Ausf. A came after Ausf. D, Ausf G was the third and last type to leave the production line.
This Panther tank can be found in the Dutch Town of Breda. It was a gift from the Polish Liberators. In 1944 the 1st Polish Armoured Division liberated Breda. In 1945 the Panther tank was captured in Germany by the same division under command of the Polish General Major Stanislaw Maczek and brought back to Breda.