The T-18 Tank is a built from 1928 to 1931. Development started in 1927 after the failed attempt to build a tank designated T-16. The T-18 is referred to MS-1 or small support vehicle. it was developed with the French Renault FTS Tank in mind. It had a 37mm gun and 2 Fedorov Avtomat machine guns for armament, 6 to 16mm of armor, a crew of 2 and a range of 50km with a maximum speed of 17 km/h.
In 1932 they were removed from service and used as training vehicles. After Operation Barbarossa, the invasion of Germany, they re-entered service. Several the T-18 were adjusted for a 45mm gun. Photographed at the Central Museum of Armed Forces in Moscow 2009. ps. The Tracks on this T-18 Tank are not the original tracks.
T-18 Russian Light Tank – Photo 2009