The 90 mm trench mortar is a medium mortal designed by the “Hungarian Gun Factory” in 1917 during a competition to replace the existing mortars used by the Austro-Hungarian Army. This Particular mortar on the photos was made, probably under licence, by Skoda. The 9 cm Trench Mortar was used by the Austria-Hungarian army, the Italian army – the Alpine Mountain Corps, Germany, Yugoslavia and it was in Czech service during World War Two.
It had an effective firing range of 300 meters and a maximum range of 1900 meters. It weighed 119 kilograms and had a separate undercarriage. It could be carried by hand with four handles and had a breech loading system to increase rate of fire.